Holiday Giving- Holiday gifts for children 2-12, with the holiday meal also provided. Many collaborators make this possible including The Bangor Elks, Bangor Elementary PTO, BASD Teachers and staff, local churches, Bangor Women’s Club, Amazon donations, Little Creek BBQ, Book clubs and generous community members. Families complete an application with financial need and include children’s “Wish List”. Benefactors provide the gifts and food for families in need.
· 69 Families/170 children received Christmas gifts and dinners Christmas 2021.
· Holiday Giving was 100% covered in cost from Donations.
· SFN received 30 new coats and 80 hat and mitten sets which were distributed.
· We received 100 Turkeys from Keller Williams Real Estate for All families in need.
· The Bangor Elks Club delivered 35 food baskets to shut-ins and families without transportation.
Thanksgiving Meal Baskets- Baskets were provided for local, low income families complete with turkeys and all the trimmings. A local Reality company, Keller Williams provided 50 baskets and delivered to families. ·
25 families picked up baskets donated by the Bangor Women’s Club. Bangor HS clubs, The Slate Belt Chamber of Commerce, local churches and individual community members. · Grace United Methodist Church in Pen Argyl’s Youth group prepared and delivered fully prepared meals to clients from SFN and the community. · Sandra’s Boutique/Empires coffee, Chocolates on Broadway / Bussenger family was also a donor in 2021.